Wednesday, 22 July 2015

How to Display an Image in a Java Applet

I created a series of images of the numbers 1 through 9 by typing them in a Word document in a suitable font. Then I copied them from there into Microsoft Paint and saved them as JPEGs. Finally, I found an application online to trim them down to size. I wrote the following Java applet to display the number 1:

/*
<applet code="DisplayNumbers" width=200 height=200>
</applet>
*/
import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;
public class DisplayNumbers extends Applet
  {
  Image Number1;
  public void init()
    {
    Number1 = getImage(getCodeBase(),"1r.jpg");
    }
  public void paint(Graphics g)
    {
    g.drawImage(Number1,10,10,this);
    }
  }


The code at the start allowed me to run the applet using appletviewer but without needing to create an HTML file.

Then I created an Image variable called Number1.

The getCodeBase() command provided the name of the directory where I ran the applet from. I used the getImage command to store this and the name of the JPEG in the Number1 variable.

I displayed the JPEG using g.drawImage and ran it as follows:

appletviewer DisplayNumbers.java

The output looked like this (as usual, click on the image to enlarge it and bring it into focus if necessary):

 

 


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us. I have seen that all will say the same thing repeatedly. But in your blog, I had a chance to get some useful and unique information. I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle.
    Isoft Innovations Company Address
    Isoft Innovations Adyar
    Isoft Innovations Reviews
    Isoft Innovation Chennai
    Isoft Innovation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog which attracted me more.Spend a worthful time.keep updating more.
    Digital marketing company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete